twitter




Monday, May 24, 2010

Can i import the contacts in orkut to my gmail account?

I have a problem. My orkut username is not a gmail id. While using google talk if i sign in with orkut username, i am able to chat only with my orkut contacts and not able to chat with my contacts in gmail. And if i login with gmail id i am not able to chat with orkut friends. I tried to change my orkut username with my gmail id. But i got message that i am not allowed to hav gmail id as my primary email id. i will be grateful if someone can help me.


Thank you.

Can i import the contacts in orkut to my gmail account?
The contacts group have to be changed into a CSV File.





Please find instructions below to create a CSV File.





orkut: Log in to your account, then click 'Friends' along the top navigation. Next, click 'Download your contacts' on the bottom of the page to save your contacts as a CSV file.





Check out our tips below for importing contacts.





To import contacts to Google Mail:





1. Create a custom CSV file or export the address book from your other webmail provider or email client as a CSV file.


2. Log in to your Google Mail account.


3. Click Contacts on the left side of any Google Mail page.


4. Click Import.


5. Click Browse... and locate the CSV file that you would like to upload.


6. Select the file and click Import Contacts.


6. Once you have successfully uploaded the document, a dialogue box displays the number of new entries that were added to your Contacts list.





A few things to keep in mind:


1. If some entries are not included in your Contacts list, Google Mail informs why these entries were left out.


2. If you import information about a contact that matches the email address of an existing entry, only the most recently uploaded version of that entry remains in your Google Mail Contacts list.


3. If you receive error messages when attempting to import your contacts, you may need to edit your CSV file.
Reply:in google talk add friends if u knw their mail ids..simple

high school

No comments:

Post a Comment