twitter




Monday, May 24, 2010

How do you make email links open with gmail?

If I'm on another website and it says something like person@hotmail.com as a hyperlink, when I click it it takes me to SeaMonkey browser. Before I had that installed, it took me to outlook express. I'd just like it to take me to my gmail account and open a "Compose Mail" page. Does anyone know how I can do this?

How do you make email links open with gmail?
i'm pretty sure downloading gmail notifier will work. (and you can see your new messages :):)





http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/n...
Reply:Making Gmail your default mail application





You can designate Gmail as your default mailto handler. This means that when you click on any hyperlinked email address, a Gmail compose window will open so you can send a message to that address from Gmail.





To do so in Windows:





Download the Gmail Notifier.


Right-click the Notifier icon in your system tray, and select Options.


Check the box next to Use Gmail for internet mailto: links.


Click OK.


If you decide later that you don't want to use Gmail as your default email application, simply uncheck the box.

videos

No comments:

Post a Comment