twitter




Monday, May 24, 2010

What do I need to run a free webmail service like yahoomail or gmail?

Hi,





I want to run a free webmail service similar to yahmail or gmail, what exactly do I need to start this kind of business. please help me in details, I do have anything yet, so am starting from scratch but I want to start small.


Thank you

What do I need to run a free webmail service like yahoomail or gmail?
Interesting thouht, but this is a very saturated area, but hey, your choice.





First thing you need is a web server, probs use Apache as the backbone interface, this is quite costly and you need to know what your doing in regard to programming, initial cost, maintainance, and security
Reply:Apache is FREE! Dont let him tell you other wise. You can always host on a SHARED server until your site becomes big then move to a dedicated, and if it grows more by your own server. You are going to have to look up insure that SMTP is enabled, because you can make your own mail server using php or any other language.





Go to w3schools.com and look up PHP and then click on mail


No comments:

Post a Comment