twitter




Sunday, May 23, 2010

Can I sync email with Outlook and Gmail or another mail client?

For instance, When I read an email in Outlook 2007 I want that same email to show in Gmail as read and vice-versa.


Thank You

Can I sync email with Outlook and Gmail or another mail client?
What you want to use is IMAP for setting up your email client instead of POP3. Then your gmail inbox on the gmail website and your email client are completely in sync with each other. I'm not sure if Outlook supports IMAP because I use ThunderBird and that supports it.





Look for the section in gmail that helps you set up your email client program and look at the IMAP instructions.





Thunderbird is a free email client program made by MoZilla who also makes firefox. It can be downloaded for free so if you want it just google search it. But Outlook should support IMAP by now.


No comments:

Post a Comment