twitter




Sunday, May 23, 2010

Why is it nearly impossible to find Twitter friends in Gmail?

Last night I got the message that they could not connect (I believe same as if you put in the wrong password). Today it said "No contacts" (which I know is false) and now it states "That page doesn't exist!"

Why is it nearly impossible to find Twitter friends in Gmail?
I don't really understand your meaning - but I think it's generally bad to use the Address book scanners to find friends for these services, it leads to spam when you click to agree.





You should only add friends.





Incidentally, I'm not sure about why Twitter is so popular - I subscribed to identi.ca and Twitter, and now only use my identi.ca account - it has absorbed my Twitter contacts, and sends tweets out on Twitter also, so essentially by signing up for identi.ca you only have to sign in to that one account (but your in Twitter also...)





identi.ca is open, so it's not restrictive. Signing up for Twitter, though, isn't open - you can't tweet to your identi.ca contacts.





If you wanna talk to people using twitter or identi.ca just send them your profile url - add me if you like (just click the links and select 'subscribe')


No comments:

Post a Comment