twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How do I change email settings, so when I click on an email address it opens gmail?

Or can you help me make Outlook my gmail, so when I click on an email link, I can type an email. right now it goes into my Outlook, which isn't connected to anything... I think.

How do I change email settings, so when I click on an email address it opens gmail?
Login to your gmail and go to settings at the top right





click the Forwarding POP3/IMAP tab





go to configuration instructions under whichever one you want (POP3 downloads the email into outlook then deletes from Gmail while IMAP downloads the email into outlook but keeps it on gmail. I like IMAP better)





They have instructions there.






Reply:Go to http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/n... and download the Gmail Notifier, or go to talk.google.com and install Google Talk.





These programs both have a setting in the option where it will open up Gmail when you click on mailto: links.





Also, they both notify you when you have new email. Google talk also allows you to chat with other Gmail users and AIM users.


No comments:

Post a Comment