twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

Is there a way to get rid of a label in gmail?

I accidentally created a label for May 2997.... I didn't have my contacts in, didn't really peer at it closely enough before hitting 'enter' and obviously, it's wrong. I made the proper label, but that one is sitting there, and it's bugging me. Is there any way to delete a label? I poked around, but can't find a way to get rid of it.

Is there a way to get rid of a label in gmail?
On the left hand side of GMail you should see a green rectangle with all the names of your labels. If you just see "Labels" in a green box with an error next to it, then click on it and you'll see them all. You'll see "Edit Labels" in the bottom right side of that green box, when you click on it, it'll list your labels in the main portion of the screen. To the right of each label there's 2 options, rename and remove. You can just click that and it will remove the label. Removing a label will not delete the messages with that label.
Reply:ok PEER a little harder... and let you gaze wander toward the bottom right of the lables box.... and then click the edit labels.


No comments:

Post a Comment